Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Something about going back to Puerto Princesa...

Palawan is my favorite place in the Philippines.  I was enchanted by the island during the first time I set foot on Puerto Princesa on September of 2008 with my office mates.

Puerto Princesa is known for the Palawan subterranean river national park, which is a couple of hours drive from the City.  But what I remember most about the trip is the colorful sea life that inspired me to learn how to swim.  I used to be terrified when my feet is unable to touch the sea floor but seeing the corals and fishes while snorkeling made me feel that I am at a very special place and that I was supposed to be there to witness the beauty of our marine life.

From then on, I know that Palawan will always have a very special place in my heart and that it will be one of the places in the Philippines that I will never get tired visiting.  True enough, one year after I visited Coron (which is more beautiful that I expected) and since then, I’ve been dreaming to see El Nido. 

For now, I went back to Puerto Princesa, and fell in love all over again.  Here are some of the photos I took last May 5 to 7, 2012.



On our way to our second Island

Tamilok - shipworm that tastes like oyster

Small walk to Underground River Port

Gateway


Rock formation

Rock formation - Holy Family

Rock Formation - Puso ng Saging

Rock Formation - Looks like Jesus

Bird or Bat?

No comments: