Friday, April 5, 2013

Something about the Floating Market

My first two days in Bangkok consists mostly of meeting and discussions with my SEA counterparts.  On our last day (where most our flight back home will be at the afternoon), it was decided to have some sort of "team building" activity.. at the floating market.

Our bus picked us up at around 7:30 am.  I had to wake up very early to pack my suitcase and for the last day or our breakfast buffet.  It'll take us around 2 hours to reach our destination.

Our first stop is at a coco product seller. Most of their products are similar with what we have in Manila, but what caught my attention is the coconut flower (which I have never seen before).  The fresh coconut juice tasted different with what I am accustomed to.  I find it nutty, whereas the coco juice at home is milder and sweeter.


IMG_7963   New Folder2

The market caught me by surprise. I thought that it will just be stalls near the river, but it is more than that. It was bustling with tourists, vendors, shoppers. It was amazing!


IMG_8008  IMG_8011   IMG_8055  IMG_8045

IMG_8040    IMG_7991

I am very fortunate to have been invited to this trip, but I can help but think that next time I visit Bangkok, it will be for leisure

No comments: