Saturday, October 20, 2007

Something about Buying my First Digital SLR Camera...

I have wanted to learn photography as long as I can remember. But the ever changing demands of what I think my so called life should have kept me from really pursuing it… well, until now. I have been doing my research to find which SLR camera suits me. I have finally narrowed it down into three:

  1. Pentax K100D Super
  2. Canon EOS Rebel xTi 400D
  3. Nikon D40x

Pentax K100D Super

Features:

            • 6 mega pixels
            • Image stabilization
            • Dust Control System

Why I like it?

            • Small and light weight
            • Great for traveling
      • Has great reviews from amateurs and professional photographers
      • Suitable for beginners
      • Relatively cheap

Why I’m hesitant to buy it?

  • limited choices for lens
  • It seems like not so many stores in the Philippines offer this camera (per web research only, so no violent reactions please)

Canon EOS Rebel xTi 400D

Features:

  • 10.1 Mega pixels
  • High Shutter Speed
  • Dust Control System
  • High ISO Settings

Why I like it?

  • Small and light weight
  • Great for traveling
  • Personalized Picture Styles that allows users to customized the settings for each color modes , ensuring that the most suitable style will be chosen/made for every subject matter
  • Wide Range of Monochromatic Colors (this one I really, really like)
  • Service Centers available in Manila
  • vivid colors

Why I am hesitant to buy it?

  • Expensive

Nikon D40x

Features:

              • 10 Mega pixels
              • Small and light weight

Why I like it?

              • Small and light weight
              • Recommended for beginning photographers because the LCD gives out information on how the camera settings will affect the photo and gives you helpful hints or recommendations to have a better photo (e.g. hints that the light is poor and recommends to use flash).
      • Captures vivid colors
      • High image quality

Why I am hesitant to buy it?

  • Limited choices for lenses
  • Does not have a dust control system
  • Expensive
  • One of my officemates has a Nikon D40, which is very similar to Nikon D40x.


No comments: