Sunday, January 27, 2008

Something about Random thoughts about love and life for the day...

I went to the gym... One of my officemates commented that I'm gaining weight again. Before, it doesn't really matter for me if I'm fat, if I'm ugly or if my hair is messy, for me, what counts is what lurks between our ears. But now, it seems different. I now believe with the overall package - beauty, brains, attitude, family, career, love life... everything.

I wonder sometimes how I became like this. The overachieving/good girl girl I was has turned to an overachieving/good girl who wants to look presentable and somehow wishes to be a head turner just for once. Pathetic eh? I don't know what came over me and why I have become like this, but I guess it comes with a reality that I am not getting any younger anymore.

Call it Quarter Life Crisis, but now, I'm in the verge of crying out at loud and telling the world "It is now or never". I'm pushing myself too hard to get that undeniably goal to get more education, that scholarship that I have been dreaming to achieve ever since my dream to become a lawyer halted.

Last night I spoke with one of my best friends. It was kinda weird hearing us talk about our love luck. It was weird because back in the day, we just talk about our plans in the future, namely, career, career and career. Love Life has always remained in the back seat but lately, it was otherwise. Again, I think it comes with a reality that we are not getting any younger but I guess it makes us wonder why we aren't in a relationship, whereas, most people we know are. Call it the conceited genes, but it does make us wonder. We are not that bad looking, we are definitely smart and we have are goals all mapped out but how come with that area, we currently have none. My shares of love luck consists of heartaches while hers is more of a hopeful realization. But don't get me wrong, we are not in a hurry to be in a relationship. We agreed that there is nothing wrong with waiting, but while doing that, we won't spend our days crying out at loud for our prince charming for a happy ending. We plan to make this wait as fruitful as possible, by doing what we want, having fun, achieving our dreams and of course meeting other people.

Guided by Faith, equipped with prayers and the belief that everything is possible... if it's meant to be, he'll come back to me

No comments: