Thursday, November 1, 2007

Something about Undas...

Undas a.k.a All Saints Day is a widely celebrated feast in the Philippines. It is the time when we usually visit the graves of our departed family and friends to offer prayers, flowers and love to show that they are still remembered.


When i was younger, we used to go to Sto. Tomas, Batangas to visit "Super Lolo" (my grand father's dad). Undas was like Christmas to me because I would be spending the whole day visiting relatives (dead or alive) and the rest of the day at "Pansol", a hot spring near Batangas. My lolo (Grand pa) and lola (Grand ma) would indulge themselves with the hot water flowing at pansol and my mom, her siblings and their husbands/wives would spend time with their children while and at times, spending a couple of their time near the pool, for a massage. I remember having the time of my life that even at my sleep, I could still feel that I am floating, surrounded by hot waters and laughers from my cousins and my whole family. This tradition continued until it was decided to transfer Super Lolo's remains to his hometown at Tupi, Cotabato.


This year, we celebrated Undas with our family. We were no longer at Batangas and we didn't spend the rest of the day at Pansol but we still celebrated it with our Family, having the time of our life, just as it should be.



No comments: